Review: The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul


The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas Adams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



As always, Douglas Adams is the way to go when you want to read funny sci-fi. On this ocassion, I found myself with a book that was actually the second part of a trilogy. Oh, well, I thought. So I read it anyway.
The book begins with the counter of an airline exploding in a ball of fire while one of the main character is trying to book a flight to Oslo. On the other side of the city, Dirk Gently, our other main character and "Private Holistic Investigator" wakes up late for an appointment with a client. And from this point on, I´m not going to say anything else due to spoilers.
Now, to analyse the book itself: It switches characters often and tells bit of the story from the view point of each character, which was a nice detail to understand the story a bit better. On my opinion the book was very intresting and easy to read, even though it was very similar to "Hitchhiker´s Guide to the Galaxy". But considering they were written by the same man, it makes sense. The ending felt a bit rushed, but gave closure nicely to the book.
To sum up: Good book, gotta get the first one to see if I missed something important.




View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts